Monday, May 24, 2010

Reflections from Freshmen Year (continued)....

December 26, 2003

Romans 3:23-24 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

In other words... Everyone has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and are made "not guilty" by his grace b/c Jesus has set us (sinners) free from being slaves to our sin.

The past few days I have been struggling... I haven't been doing my devotions and I've felt like I was losing grip getting caught up in old stumbling blocks that have crowded my path. This verse makes me joyful knowing Jesus has freed me from my sin so I can be a slave to being a true follower of Christ and not a slave to my own sin. I feel I have been tested since I have been home for Christmas break and I know the testing of my faith will make me "mature and complete" so I don't lack anything (James 1:5). I'm so thankful that I am justified by God's grace...because I do feel guilty but I know with God's help I can be forgiven although I am ashamed and feel like I take God's forgiveness lightly at times by telling myself, "I can do this, God will forgive me." I don't want to be that kind of person... I want to strive to be pure like God desires of me in Phil. 4:8...

No comments:

Post a Comment