Saturday, May 29, 2010

Flashbacks to Freshman Year continued...

It has been exciting to look back in my old journals and see the ways God was molding me more into his likeness and teaching me how to bring him glory and love others. Today in my quiet times I was reading in Matthew 7:12 about the "Golden rule", "So whatever you wis that others would do to you, do also to them." This is the thought that came to my mind, "Treat others as you would like to be treated, love others as you desire to be loved, serve others as you would like to be served, put others needs above your own as you desire them to put your needs above theirs." I am going to meditate on this truth this week...it will be exciting to set my mind more on the golden rule :)

Here's a journal entry I found I had written in January 14, 2004

1 Samuel 20:17 "And Jonathan had David reaffirm his oath out of love for him, because he loved him as he loved himself."

1 Samuel 20:42 " Jonathan said to David, "Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the Lord saying, "The Lord is witness between you and me..."

Girl's weekend road tripping has been amazing. It's been a great opportnity to strengthen my friendships with my girls. Tonight I think Nicole was upset with me.. I asked her about it and she started to cry and said it was personal and didn't want to talk about it. Iknow in my heart i has something to do with me. I think she might have felt left out by Kelly and I and that is the last thing I would ever want her to feel. I love her so much ad it's difficult to act happy and act care-free knowing she may be hurt by something I've done. I came downstairs and decided to spend some one-on-one time with you. When I flpped to back of my bible or a subject to study I thought, "why not friendship?" ? The reference to David and Jonathan stood out to me most. I didn't rememeber the story very well. The only thing for sure that stuck with me was that when Aaron (my cousin) was training in the reserves he asked my Aunt Tina and mom to pray that he would find a "Jonathan" and you provided for him! And I feel I've been blessed with 3 Jonathan's in my life, Jackie, Nicole and Kelly. I cherish their friendships closest to my heart. And I feel extremely fortunate to have such genuine and unique friendship with each of them. I love all my girlfriends tremendously, but in this season I have a very strong and special love for the 3 of them.
Jonathan loves David more than himself, I would do anything for those girls, but at the same time I don't feel I always love them more than myelf... I would say "most of the time" and I do not want to hold onto any "self-love" in my friendships. I pray you ould take any selfish love from me. Ideire to be self-less a you are. I also desire my friendships to be firmly built upon a love for and relationship with you, because I know even these small bumps like the one with Nicole are nothing when our friendships are led by you. I want my friendships to be as Jonathan described, "the LORD is witness between you and me." I pray you will be honored by our friendships and that the more we love each other and not ourselves the more we will love you. I know that things between Nicole and I are in your hands and that yu're teaching me something through it. My trust and hope are in you...guide me and I will follow. I love you.

Your daughter,
Kristin Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment